How to make Pork Barbeque:
Prep time: Around 20 minutes (depends how much meat you are prepping)
Marinating Schedule: 3 hours upto 24 hrs is fine
Grill: Between 10 to 15 minutes each
- 2 lbs pork
- 20 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of pineapple juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
- 1 cup of banana ketchup (half for marinating and half for glazing)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder/cayenne pepper if you want a little bit spicy
- Aluminum foil
- Cut pork meat into into 6 inch long, 1/2 inch thick and 1 inch wide. Whichever you prefer works.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate with the soy sauce, minced garlic, cooking oil, lemon/calamansi juice, ground pepper, sugar, banana catsup and the pineapple juice (this tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque)
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hrs.
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water to reduce burning during barbeque.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Prepare the aluminum foil and fold to cover lower part of the grill. This is to prevent burning the BBQ sticks.
- Over grill, barbeque the pork on skewers until each barbeque is cooked – turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbeque.
- A few minutes before taking them out of the grill, brush with ketchup/oil/ground pepper mixture. This is the glaze that makes it look more appetizing! 😛
- You can use other meat according to your preference.
- You can make it spicy according to your preference by adding cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- To make it faster and easier, you can also have the option to cut the meat in 1 long slab(1inch by 1 inch by 6 inches) and skew it in all at once.