This is sooooo easy, I promise and swear to God!
You can do this with your eyes closed and no complications at all.
For some people who sees them by itself being served gets scared thinking it is super, spicy hot, think again….and listen…No, they are not. Trust me. However, 1 out of 10-15 will or can catch you by surprise for a little kick when you’re not expecting it. Don’t worry though. If you like spicy foods, they don’t even pass than the mild jalapeno heat, so no need to be scared of. (wink wink!) You roast, grill or smoke them, oh boy! Then pop them from the stem and savor them…pure heaven for me. You can even add them on your soups! I Know I sound like a drug addict describing a new found addiction for this roasted Shishito peppers. Fond of eating spicy foods, that includes all types of pepper. I consider myself a new pepper addict. Lol! Now addicted, I have no regrets. They’re easy to make, inexpensive, healthy and non fattening, most of all, they’re not illegal…;p
I love munching on them as a snack, appetizers or even as a side dish. What’s there to ask for! Hope you like it as much as I do!
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 pound shishito peppers
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 flakey salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place shishito peppers in a mixing bow then add olive oil, salt and black pepper. Mix
- Place in a baking pan making sure they are evenly spread out
- Put in the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes then broil for the last 2 minutes or until slightly charred
- Place in a serving platter then sprinkle with flakey salt
- I like some of them a little crunchy and half charred only so I take some out 2 minutes earlier than regular
“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an Art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements”. – Xavier Marcel Boulestin (French Chef)